Member Clubs would have received an update from the FA on 16 July 2021 regarding the return of grassroots football and the new guidance following the easement of COVID 19 restrictions.
The League Secretary will be re-sending this email to all club secretaries shortly as a reminder, but in summary the key points are:
- On field adaptions for playing football are no longer required.
- No limits of how many people can meet.
- One metre plus rule removed.
- The definition of close contact remains the same, however the rules on self-isolation will be changing from 16 August.
- Face coverings no longer required by law, but recommended in crowded indoor settings and may be mandated by some clubs or facility providers.
- Changing rooms can be used, however participants should use their own judgement and minimise use where possible to avoid close contact in a crowded area for a prolonged time.
- No capacity limits for spectators but good practice is encouraged.
- Hospitality is permitted without restrictions.
- NHS Test and Trace QR codes not required by law but encouraged.
- Free NHS lateral flow testing is available to clubs and we encourage clubs to take this up.
- No domestic travel restrictions. Participants should continue to follow Government advice on international travel for any fixtures/ tournaments.